To help the Chairman of an industrial SME to assemble an executive team before implementing his build-up strategy
The company is an industrial SME which designs, produces and distributes its products itself, in B2C.
As part of a secondary LBO, its longstanding Chairman stepped back to become Chairman of the Supervisory Board. His CFO replaced him as Chairman of the Board, while the Sales Director became the second Board member.
The team did not have enough manufacturing expertise to implement an ambitious build-up strategy in France and overseas.
Eurosearch & Associés involvement
Eurosearch & Associés worked with the new Chairman to strengthen his Executive Team. The agency advised him on defining the ideal profile and recruiting an individual to provide the missing expertise:
Recruiting a Board member:
- First we identified a number of individuals with the most compatible personalities
- Then we presented a range of profiles to the new Chairman, each offering something different to contribute to general management (e.g. a technical specialist or experienced Director)
- The Chairman’s stance evolved and he chose an effective business partner rather than a good technical manager; this person became a new Board member
We recruited a CFO to free up the Chairman from his operational management duties so he could focus on the build-up strategy: we identified candidates, presented them to the Chairman, and helped him choose.
- Within a very short timeframe we put together a complete and expert Executive Team to enable the Chairman to oversee the team’s management of an ambitious strategy and free him up to fulfil his role
- The Board held a face-to-face meeting a few weeks after the third Director joined
- Our advice enabled the Chairman to identify the skills and profiles he required to implement his strategy, which were not the same as those he had envisaged at the start