Eurosearch & Associés have been working for many years to help family business owners find successors to run their companies.
These companies, often of intermediate size, are well respected in their market. The Chairman invariably has a strong desire to maintain the independence of the company, and is in favor of the principle of succession to a new CEO with strong entrepreneurial skills.
Because of our close ties to family business leaders, audit and accounting professionals, tax specialists, private fund managers, capital investors and family office professionals, we are well versed in the challenges and concerns of managing leadership succession.
Our Resources Management business model (executive search, executive interim management, leadership consulting), our business sector specializations, our capacity to work in all parts of France and our business practices make us ideal partners for the recruitment of a CEO successor.
We have access to a pool of potential Investor-Directors at any given time, from all business sectors. We pay particular attention to their ability to:
- Be operationally “hands on”
- Lead and inspire teams
- Make decisions on their own without the backup of support staff as in large corporations
- Invest in a business
Recruiting an Investor-Director as successor is a delicate assignment whose success depends on a number of factors and key steps:
- A good, open relationship with the Chairman
- Effective upstream preparation to get to know the business, its environment and challenges, its strengths and weaknesses, its priorities
- Clearly defined specifications of the CEO profile, the key success factors, the remuneration package and possible access to capital
- A systematic, methodical search that can sometimes take up to a year
- Working alongside the client and the candidate in operational meetings
- Defining a timetable for taking up the position based on an agreed handover process with the Chairman
- Checking references and evaluating the management style of the Investor-Director
- Supporting the Chairman and the Investor-Director through the handover period